Brooklyn boy up the Mountains of Southern California

We would like to get to know our readers! Please tell us a little about yourself, what kind of carving you do, how you discovered carving, your motivation behind some of your projects, a link to your website, - anything you’d like to share!

Moderators: Joe_Dillett, Terry, hi ho sliver, donpbk, cwhillock, Nancy Goff

Brooklyn boy up the Mountains of Southern California

Postby Brooklynwoods » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:46 pm

Left Brooklyn and moved to California, went to the Mountains 9 years back. Lived at the 6500 foot level and had 9 feet of snow last year and 6 the year before that. Moved down to 6000 feet. alot of difference. Get 3-4 feet sometimes. Been carving since I have been up here. Started off with some bucked pieces that I made for house signs. Pine didn't last long unless bind. Was a painter down the hill, doing illustrations, sculpting, and garden wall murals. Don't have much use for those up here, but I still do paint. Come winter I paint cause you don't like carving large scale in an enclosed area, even then paint and throwin wood, don't seem to work , unless you like alot of texture in your paintings. Found some carving friends around the desert side, 15 minutes from the house, nice folk. Self taught for most I do, but isn't that gods habit for most. Welcome to be here.
Brooklynwoods

Return to Please Tell Us About Yourself!